Cannonball Memorial Run remains steadfast in its commitment to honor all fallen law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty. Sadly, 125 law enforcement officers were killed in the line of duty in 2017. 26 of those killed, were killed since our last drive on September 28, 2017. Those 26 brothers and sisters left behind a combined total of 43 children left without a father or mother. Their loss affects 25 families both blood and blue. We continue our drive to reduce that number to zero.
Cannonball Memorial Run was founded in December 2016 after our first drive. Since then we have:
– Met with the Attorney General in D.C.
– Established the first immediate nationwide relief fund for families of fall officers.
– Driven 4,133 miles.
– Created working relationships with ODMP, NLEOMF and National FOP amongst many others.
– Incorporated as a 501(c)(3) through the IRS.
– Started a webpage with regular updates.
– Gained 1,880 followers on Facebook.
– Gained 878 followers on Twitter.
– Begun accepting donations online via the website through PayPal.
Cannonball Memorial Run looks to 2018 with an even stronger determination to fully fund the immediate relief fund, which would then provide $10,000 to the family of each fallen officer within 24-48 hours of the fallen officer’s death. That goal is fully attainable through the help of each and every law enforcement officer in the country making a $5 donation. Help from the public and corporate partners will ensure that the families of fallen officers receive immediate financial relief during a very tragic and difficult time. A time when the last thing they should be worrying about is where their next meal will come from or how they will keep the lights on.
We all share the loss and all feel the emotions…lets work to take care of our fallen’s families.
Cannonball Memorial Run is Driven 2 Honor!