Cannonball Memorial Run was founded in December 2016 by San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Sergeants John Bannes and Jason Hendrix. John and Jason were frustrated and alarmed at the number of officers targeted or ambushed just because they wore the badge. John and Jason hoped to raise awareness about this fact and encourage that all those responsible for the deaths of the fallen officers be held to answer to the highest punishment.
Since December 2016 we have:
-Sent checks to the families of the last 80 officers killed in the line of duty…just increased the amount of each check to $500 as a result of
generous donors and supporters.
-Sent handwritten, personal letters to accompany each check sent to the family of an officer killed in the line of duty.
-Delivered custom crafted plaques to each agency that has lost an officer in the line of duty.
-Delivered a custom plaque to the White House for President Trump whom has seen the plaque and sent a personalized letter back commended Cannonball Memorial Run and its efforts to support the families of our fallen brothers and sisters.
– Met with the Attorney General in D.C.
– Established the first immediate nationwide relief fund for families of fall officers.
– Driven over 10,000 miles.
– Created working relationships with ODMP, NLEOMF and National FOP amongst many others.
– Incorporated as a 501(c)(3) through the IRS.
– Developed and maintain a webpage with regular updates.
– Have created and increased on a daily basis, our social media footprint through grassroots methodology and process.
– Begun accepting donations online via the website through PayPal.
Cannonball Memorial Run looks to 2018 with an even stronger determination to fully fund the immediate relief fund, which would then provide $10,000 to the family of each fallen officer within 24-48 hours of the fallen officer’s death. That goal is fully attainable through the help of each and every law enforcement officer in the country making a $5 donation. Help from the public and corporate partners will ensure that the families of fallen officers receive immediate financial relief during a very tragic and difficult time. A time when the last thing they should be worrying about is where their next meal will come from or how they will keep the lights on.
We all share the loss and all feel the emotions…lets work to take care of our fallen’s families.
Cannonball Memorial Run is Driven 2 Honor!