Cannonball Memorial Run was founded in December 2016 by San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Sergeants John Bannes and Jason Hendrix. John and Jason were frustrated and alarmed at the number of officers targeted or ambushed just because they wore badge. John and Jason hoped to raise awareness about this fact and encourage that all those responsible for the deaths of the fallen officers be held to answer to the highest punishment.
Since December 2016 we have:
– Met with the Attorney General in D.C.
– Established the first immediate nationwide relief fund for families of fall officers.
– Driven 4,133 miles.
– Created working relationships with ODMP, NLEOMF and National FOP amongst many others.
– Incorporated as a 501(c)(3) through the IRS.
– Started a webpage with regular updates.
– Gained 1,880 followers on Facebook.
– Gained 878 followers on Twitter.
– Begun accepting donations online via the website through PayPal.
Cannonball Memorial Run looks to 2018 with an even stronger determination to fully fund the immediate relief fund, which would then provide $10,000 to the family of each fallen officer within 24-48 hours of the fallen officer’s death. That goal is fully attainable through the help of each and every law enforcement officer in the country making a $5 donation. Help from the public and corporate partners will ensure that the families of fallen officers receive immediate financial relief during a very tragic and difficult time. A time when the last thing they should be worrying about is where their next meal will come from or how they will keep the lights on.
We all share the loss and all feel the emotions…lets work to take care of our fallen’s families.
Cannonball Memorial Run is Driven 2 Honor!